Baking treats for different holidays is one of my favorite thing to do! This week I wanted to share with you a delicious recipe that you can make for Valentine’s Day! These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are a mouthful. Literally. This recipe was originally found on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe, but I made a few modifications. Instead of using regular M&M’s I chose to use my favorite, Peanut Butter M&m’s! I also found a seasonal Valentine’s day bag of them to make it festive! Below is a sharable and printable recipe card! Make sure to check it out along with the YouTube video I made! ?❤ Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into eight pieces
- 3/4 cup M&M’s
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit (163 degrees celsius).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chopped chocolate and butter pieces. Microwave in 1min-30sec intervals at 50% power, stirring between intervals. DO NOT OVERHEAT CHOCOLATE. Let cool for 2-3min.
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, combine the chocolate/butter mixture with the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium until well combined.
- Gradually mix in cocoa/flour mixture on low.
- Fold in M&M's with a wooden spoon. Do not use mixer.
- Line baking sheets or using cooking spray.
- Place tablespoon sized dough balls onto the cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- If desired, add a few M&M's on top of dough balls.
- Bake cookies for about 13-14min. They should flatten a bit and just start to crack.
Follow me on social media! I follow back ❤
This recipe was originally found on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.